Water is the lifeline of all living being. Humans are made up of 75% water, and therefore one cannot stress enough about the importance of drinking water.
Here is how you can use water to maintain a healthy body.
- Water ensures smooth functioning of your organs and makes you look healthy and youthful.
- Water can be really helpful for weight loss. Ayurveda says not to drink water with food as digestive juices get diluted. Drink before or after.
- It is 100% calorie-free, helps you burn more calories and may even suppress your appetite if consumed before meals. Drinking 0.5 liters (17 oz) of water may increase the number of calories burned for at least an hour. Some studies show that this can lead to moderate weight loss.
- Drinking more water may lead to decreased calorie intake and reduce the risk of long-term weight gain and obesity, especially in children.
- Water helps in the digestion of food and consequently, help burn more calories. This will lead to losing belly fat.
- When you add fresh lemon juice, you increase the weight loss benefits. Lemons help reduce and prevent weight gain in a variety of ways by suppressing body fat accumulation. They may also increase metabolism.
Water for beautiful skin.
The skin is the largest organ of the human body. Hydrated skin is healthy and youthful looking.
- Water replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity. This helps delay the appearance of signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
- If your skin does not get enough water, it will turn dry and flaky. Dry skin is more prone to age spots and wrinkles.
- Since you lose water every day in the form of sweat and urine, you need to replenish the loss to maintain the hydration levels of your skin.
WATER THERAPY FOR GOOD HEALTH- BEAUTIFUL SKIN AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
- As soon as you wake up, drink about (1) 8oz glass of fluoride-free water on an empty stomach.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes.
- Drink a cup of water 30 minutes before your meals during the day and 2 hours after each of them.