This Indian treasure not only enriches the taste of your cooking it has a number of health benefits making it a healthy substitute to vegetable oil and butter. Ghee separates milk from fat which makes it ideal for people who maybe lactose intolerant. Loaded with vitamins A, E, and K, ghee is the perfect ingredient for daily cooking.
You can cook meat like chicken and mutton in ghee or add to your plain boiled rice to make an aromatic meal. Children also love the taste of ghee with plain rice and some salt. It is light on the stomach and ideal for hot days. The vitamin E in ghee helps you have beautiful and soft skin as well as healthy hair. If you are unsure of cooking with ghee, have a tablespoon in the morning on empty stomach followed with a glass of warm water. It also helps with digestion and if on a Keto diet provides you with the good fats.
Mutton Ghee Roast- Indian Style
- ½ KG Mutton- cut into curry pieces, smaller pieces cook faster
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- Pepper, salt, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom
- 2 tsp ghee
- Preparation- marinate the mutton with chili powder, turmeric, crushed pepper, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- In a cast iron add ghee and heat for about two minutes, add all spices, green chilies sliced, chopped garlic, and finely chopped onion.
- Stir and cook till onion is a little golden brown
- Add mutton
- Cook till meat is soft; stir occasionally so that mutton does not stick to the pan.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.